Kaikōura Youth Council hosted the first ever Kaikōura Youth Awards on 30/9/17 to celebrate our outstanding youth and young leaders.
The second Kaikōura Youth Awards ceremony was held on 19/10/19 and was a fabulous night!
Thankyou to all the young people who put in the time to make these ceremonies happen - and well done to all the winners of awards!
The 2021 Youth Awards will acknowledge and celebrate youth in the areas of :
- Arts - someone that embraces and is actively involved in any form of art. This may include photography, poetry, performing, drama, music and visual arts
- Customer Service - some one who displays enthusiasm, respect, motivation, hard working and makes work a fun environment
- Leadership - someone who embraces their culture, demonstrates leadership, willing to take on challenges and assists others
- Volunteering - someone who helps within our community and has made a positive difference without expecting anything in return
- Hauora - someone who is strong in an aspect of Hauora - taha tinana (physical wellbeing/health), taha hinengaro (mental and emotional wellbeing, self confidence), taha whanau (social wellbeing, self esteem), taha wairua (spiritual wellbeing, personal beliefs)
- Inspiring Child - someone under 12 years old, who has worked hard for what they wish to be, someone who is kind, sincere and helpful
- Entrepreneurship - someone who actively transforms the world and solves problems
- Rural living - someone who is skilled in countryside living
- Adult who helps with youth - an adult who mentors, supports and encourages youth to be the best version of themselves. Think wide - this could be a teacher, coach, counsellor, whanau member.